Looking to buy a Brother XR3774, but don’t know if it’s the right fit for you? This review will help you decide whether or not this machine is a good fit for you. I will go over all of the features that the Brother XR3774 has to offer, as well as the accessories it has and other relevant information to help you make your decision. With this, I hope you will be able to easily narrow down your choices and decide if the Brother XR3774 is right for you.
Brother XR3774 Features
The BrotherXR 3774 has a white body with a light-blue stitch selection panel. It has a wide table and a small body with dimensions of 17.5 x 17.6 x 14.6 inches. It is also lightweight for easy portability.
The Brother XE3774 isn’t the fastest sewing machine on the market, sewing up to 800 stitches per minute. The difference isn’t too noticeable, however, as most other brands only sew up to 850 stitches per minute.
Trying to get the thread back through the needle eye can be tough and frustrating. The Brother XR3774 comes with an automatic threader, which threads the needle for you to save time and frustration. A sewing machine with this feature is one of the most popular among sewers that you will love.
A quilting table is included with this machine, giving you a bigger workplace to work on larger quilting projects. The Brother XR3774 comes with a ¼ inch quilting presser foot, which is required for quilting. There are also built-in quilting stitches for you to choose from.
You can even explore free-motion quilting by dropping the feed dog and using the needle plate cover. This machine is not able to complete more complex quilting projects, however, because it lacks throat space.
If you are looking to quilt less complex projects, the BrotherXR 3774 is a good choice.
37 Built-In Stitches
With 37 built-in stitches, the Brother XR3774 is easy to learn and practical. The stitch quality is also flawless. Stitch patterns included are decorative stitches, garment construction, heirloom stitches, and all of the basic stitches.
Along with the many different stitches, the Brother XR3774 has a one-step buttonhole to add buttons to your garments.
Drop Down Bobbin
The Brother XR3774 comes with a jam-resistant drop-in bobbin. Bobbin winding is a frustrating process and requires a lot of time. With the Brother XR3774, you won’t need to worry about either time or frustration. The automatic drop-in bobbin will wind the bobbin for you, saving you from fixing it yourself.
You can also keep track of your bobbin thread supply with the see-through lid that covers the area over the bobbin. This means you won’t run out of thread in the middle of your stitch.
There is an easy stitch selection dial on the machine to allow for easy stitch selection.
8 Interchangeable Sewing Feet
There are 8 different sewing feet included with the Brother XR3774. This allows for a lot of versatility. It is rare for a machine like the Brother XR3774 to come with so many feet, especially at this price. With this many feet, you will be able to tackle any sewing project without investing more money. The feet included are listed below, as well as a description of what each does.
- Walking foot: This foot gives you feed dogs to help feed the top of the fabric.
- Zigzag foot: Also known as a general sewing foot or an all-purpose foot, a zigzag foot is mainly used for utility stitches and sewing straight and zigzag stitches. The foot also helps get over humps when sewing thicker fabrics.
- Zipper foot: This foot allows you to easily insert zippers by allowing the needle to stitch close to the edge of the teeth of a zipper. It also allows for easy piping and cording.
- Narrow hemmer foot: This foot is designed to fold the edge of fabric twice so you can stitch it down flat.
- Quilting foot: This is usually called a walking foot and is used to pull the 3 layers of your quilt through the sewing machine evenly.
- Blind stitch foot: This foot has a guide through the middle of the foot to help hem or create a perfect topstitch.
- Buttonhole foot: This foot does exactly what you would think. It is designed to create a one-step buttonhole.
- Button sewing foot: The button sewing foot creates a view of the stitching area and can also be used to sew ribbons, sew-on hook and eye closures, and tack trims.
When purchasing the Brother XR3774, it comes with a 25-year warranty after purchase. Brother also offers a 2-year warranty on electronics and a 1-year warranty on machine parts. They also have free online and phone support for the life of the product.
- LED sewing lighting
- Quilting table
- Easy stitch selector
- Automatic needle threader
- Built-in free arm
- 25-year limited warranty
- Free technical phone support
- Weight: 19.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 17.5 x 7.6 x 14.6 inches
- 37 built-in stitches
- One-step buttonhole
- Top drop-in bobbin system
- 25-year warranty
Brother XR3774 Demographic
This machine is ideal for beginners, but more advanced sewers will enjoy its variety of features as well. If you are expecting perfection, this machine may not suit you. The Brother XR3774 is not a professional machine and is designed for home users looking for day-to-day sewing projects such as home decor and clothing. It is also able to handle simple quilting projects, but not anything too advanced. Beginners will love the machine’s user-friendly features and detailed instructions.
In conclusion, the Brother XR3774 is a great machine for experienced sewers, beginners, and those with a small budget. It’s a good sewing machine and great for smaller quilting projects. It comes with many accessories and features suitable for anyone getting into sewing. Overall, this is a great machine for at-home sewers looking for a cheaper option.